Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thursday, Day 8, Sturgis 2022

 Today was a lazy day mostly because it got up to 103 degrees in the afternoon. In the morning I went to visit my fiends Rich and Lynn who live only about 7 miles from the campground. The last 3 miles are down a gravel road that was dusty and had many washboard areas. Not fun to go down, but I made it. Spent about 4 hours visiting with them. A most enjoyable time. After my visit I came back to the campground for the rest of the afternoon and rested and began to pack some things for my anticipated departure Friday morning.

About 5:30 p.m. I got on the bike for one last trip into Sturgis to see if the crowd had started to thin out and it had. Bought a T-shirt and flag. Some of the venders were already starting to lower their prices and offering deals on multiple shirt purchases. Stayed downtown for a couple hours and then headed back to the campground. By the time I got back to the campground around 8 p.m. the temp had dropped to about 90 degrees.




Some shots of the campground. The name is Wyatts Hideaway. I had the cabin on the far left.





Downtown Sturgis Thursday evening. There was plenty of parking open on main street.


No comments:

Post a Comment