Friday, August 12, 2022

Friday, Day 9, Sturgis 2022, Headed Home

 On Thursday after enduring the extreme heat for more than a few days with 104 degrees on Thursday I made the decision to head back home on Friday.

I headed out from the campground in Belle Fourche at about 8 a.m. with the temperature at about 80 degrees. As I headed East on US hwy 212 the temperature begain to drop into the mid  to lower 70's. It turned out to be a perfect day for riding across South Dakota an into Minnesota. The temperature slowly moved back up to around 80 by the time I got to my destination for the day. I stopped and took a few pictures along the way. The crops looked to be in good shape in the area that I drove through. I covered 440 miles today, ending up in Montivideo MN for the night at the Grandstay Hotel, A nice place.

Tomorrow I'll knock off the last 270 miles and be home in the early afternoon.

Ben Ash monument East of Newell SD at about milepost 80 on US hwy 212.



Picnic area at Ben Ash.

Wild Flowers growing in the gravel.

Dont know what kind of flowers these are. Buttercups maybe?


Many acres of sunflowers. These are East of Lantry SD.




Previous 6 pics taken near Lantry SD

Corn near Ridgeview SD.

US hwy 212 bridge across the Missouri

Constuction ahead. They are putting down 31 miles of new pavement.

Had about a 10 minute wait for the pilot car to take us through the constuction zone. I really like running hwy 212, not much traffic and well maintained.


Sinclair station in Gettysburg SD. 190 miles East of Newell SD. No premium gas inbetween.



Windfarm near the SD/MN border.

Lots of farmland.


No comments:

Post a Comment