Monday, August 8, 2022

Sunday, Day 4, Sturgis 2022

 Sunday started out cool and clear. After my shower and breakfast at the campground (pancakes and bacon with coffee) I sat down to work on my blog. When I finished that I got out my map after consulting with my friend Eric on a new way to get to Alzada MT. We found around about way to get there. So off I went.

Everything was going well. I would stop to take pictures and enjoy the scenery. I went up US hwy 85 out of Belle Fourche to Buffalo SD and turned west on SD 20. As I was about to turn left at Camp Crook at about the SD border I looked down and noticed my check engine light was on. The bike seemed to be running fine but I thought it better to abort my mission and head back the way that I had come. I'm out in the middle of nowhere at this point and didn't want to shut the bike off.

When I got back to Buffalo I needed fuel and thought that this is a better place to get stranded than out in the middle of nowhere. After fueling and checking the oil I started the bike and the check engine light did not come on. That was a relief. I stopped in Belle Fourche at the muesum for a couple pics and once again the bike was fine. Went to dinner and the bike was fine. So was it a fluke, I hope so.

My ride and day was shorter than hoped, though I did cover almost 200 miles and got some pictures.



Lots of hay.



Crow Buttes at Redig.

Redig mercantile.

Buffalo wayside.



At the Belle Fourche muesum. The muesum was closed on Sunday.

Center of the US.


1 comment:

  1. You'll have to try and complete the round about way to Alzada and let me know how it goes. Sounds like a perfect morning solo trip.

    ReplyDelete