Sunday, August 7, 2022

Saturday, Day 3, Sturgis 2022

 On Saturday I only did a few things. I got up showered and had breakfast at the campground. They served a breakfast bowl that was made up of eggs, sausage, potatoes, cheese and about 3 or 4 different kinds of peppers. It was just spicey enough and full of flavor. All for only 7 dollars with free coffee. After breakfast I relaxed for a bit and worked on my blog. Then it was time to head to Sturgis to meet up with friends at noon. It was hard to find a place to park. After driving around a bit I saw someone pulling out so I got a spot less than a half block from our meeting place (the VFW).  We stood around and talked for a while then went and walked Main Street (it was very crowded) and did some shopping. I bought my usual stuff, a shirt, tin sign and a patch and pin. I looked for and found my dear departed friend Garth Johnsons sidewalk brick in front of rally headquarters. It wasn't where the book said it should be so I pointed that out to the powers that be for that program. Garth was from Castlegar, BC Canada. I met him in the mid 80's and we camped together at Sturgis. He made almost every rally until his passing in 2017. I miss him.

Later in the afternoon I got together with my longtime friend Terresah for dinner and then we went to the AFT (American Flat Track) races at the Blackhills Speedway 1/2 mile dirt track. What a great program they put on and the stands were very full. The only  bummer was that the final race of the night the premier class Super twins didn't get to run. They staged and did their warm up lap and after they staged again for the start the clouds opened up with a downpour and they lost the track. The race was called before they had even run a lap, bummer.

We had taken Terresahs car to dinner and the races and I'm glad we did. We went back to her house, it was about 10 pm. We sat around waiting for the storm to pass. It was just about midnight before it stopped and I could head back the 50 or so miles to Belle Fourche and the campground. I wore my raingear back to camp but didn't hit any rain on the ride home. It was 1a.m. by the time I got back. At 1:45 the clouds opened up and it poured down rain and put on a good lightning show.

Breakfast bowl. Super tasty.
main street.

Tom and Lyle, the 2 oldest of the group.

Main street.


Garths Brick.




Harley  square.


I liked the paint job on this one.


More main street.


At the races.

It was a good day.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you’re having a good time. Great pictures (of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you! We missed out on a photo together. 😞. Glad we took the vehicle to the races, otherwise we would have been soaked.

    ReplyDelete