Friday, August 4, 2017

Sturgis day 2

Left Faulkton this morning Aug 3 about 10am. It was very cool, about 57 degrees with a north wind of about 15 mph and we were headed due west. First stop was Gettysburg SD for breakfast. After that it was just a cool ride all the way to Belle Fourche with just a few light sprinkles, nothing to even slow down for. Made 1 gas stop and one other stop at the Ben Ash monument to strech our legs and take a couple pictures.


That is Mark in the second photo.
Then it was on to Belle Fourche to Wyatts Hideaway Campground. After I got the tent set up and talked to Kent the campground owner for awhile, I headed over to my friends Rich and Lynn. We went down to Deadwood for dinner and a little gaming. Ate at the Stockade.


The slots were good to me and I was surprised by the number of bikes in town. I heard that the rally now starts on thurs and not next Monday.


That was about it for today. Tomorrow I hope to hook up with my cousin Paul from Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment