Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Day 9 - heading home

After getting up on thurs Aug 9, I had breakfast and checked the lastest weather report and decided to start the trip home and take advantage of the great weather. The ride home started cool but ended up being perfect for the ride home. I decided to end my day in Watertown SD. Stayed at the Econo-Lodge on the East end of town for ease of getting out of town the next morning. There is a Hy-Vee next door with a Market Cafe attached. It had great food and a super selection.
Pictures for the day started near Eagle Butte SD with a nice field of sunflowers.


Then when I got to the west side of the Missouri I stopped at a riverside picnic area.


A herd of Ford Crown Vic's in Lincoln Township SD.


The next day I was detoured through the town of Goodwin SD.

I also saw a solar garden being put in near Maynard MN.


Final tally. Gone 10 days, 2811 miles, 64 gals prem fuel, 43.9mpg, $2.93 per gal.
All-n-all a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment