Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Sturgis bound. 41st

For the last few days I've been getting ready to make my 41st trip to the motorcycle rally in Sturgis SD. I've gone every year starting in 1977. I've rode every year and never trailered.
This year it will be about a 700 mile trip one way because we moved to Hayward WI, it used to be 600 from St. Paul MN.



Had a visitor come by to see what was going on.



Tomorrow will be the long day at 450 miles to Faulkton SD. I'm meeting a buddy from long ago in Montivideo MN. It should be a good ride out. Hoping for good weather.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the weather holds out for you. Are you sure you remembered everything?

    Ride safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a record, 41 years. Things must be so different now. It will be interesting to hear about it. I've been by, but never stopped, though I watched the documentary about it on TV several years ago. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete