Thursday, February 15, 2018

Road Trip (revised) added pictures

I decided to take a little vacation from the cold of northern Wisconsin. Since Christmas it has been below average almost every day and night with the exception of about 2 days. Alot of below zero nights.
I'm headed off to see my friend Tom, he is wintering in Hope, AZ. I left Hayward about 11:30am headed west on WI 77. When you cross the St. Croix river into MN it turns into MN 48. At Hinkley MN I turned left onto Interstate 35 and set the criuse control. I got to St. Paul, MN about 2:45pm and sailed right through, I was just ahead of rush hour. When I got to Des Moines IA it was about 6:15 pm and I just got the tail end of rush hour. No real slowdowns just heavy traffic. They know how to exceed the speed limit in Iowa, thats for sure. By about 8pm I had had enough for one day and checked into the Super 8 for the night, after having stopped at Subway for a sandwich. Stats for the day; 525 miles, 7 hours 43 minutes moving time, 37 minutes stopped. 68mph moving average, 62mph overall average.
I have a traveling companion this trip. His name is Flat Ryan.
This sign reminded Flat Ryan and I to stop for roadfood in Minong, WI. It's going to be a long trip to Hope, AZ.
Posing with Sasquatch.
The name says it all.
We started in Wisconsin, so this is state number 2.
This would be state number 4 for the day.
Flat Ryan kicking back at the Super 8 in Bethany, Missouri.
We can hardly wait to see what tommorrow brings as we head south and west.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Hurley looks familiar...I might have dated him years ago?! Safe traveling to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I need to worry about Flat Ryan? Looks like his name used to be Harry?? You aren't into something we need to be worried about are you??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, nothing to worry about. It's a school project for a friend.

      Delete