Monday, February 19, 2018

Road Trip Day 4 & 5

Sunday the 18th it was a day of rest after the long drive. Sat outside in the sun shine, gave the truck a good wash, watched part of the Daytona 500. A nice easy day. We had dinner at the Cactus bar and cafe.
On Monday the 19th Tom and I went for a slow drive in the desert. We stopped at one spot and did some target shooting with Tom's 357 magnum Ruger Blackhawk. We only shot .38 special, why punish your hand if you don't need to. What a nice, straight shooting gun. Here are a few pictures from that area.
We tryed some long range shooting and I thought I did pretty well.
Here is the rock I was shooing at. I put more than half my shots in a 2 foot circle,shooting offhand.
Looking back at my truck from the rock I was shooting at. We paced it off and it was more than 250 yards. Hard to get a good measure going uphill over rough ground.
The rock that I was shooting at is above Tom's head and to the left of the tree on the right.
Here is Flat Ryan and Tom cheking out one of the bigger cactus. Flat Ryan is having a big time checking out the local vegatation. We have also heard that there is gold in them thar hills. There is a lot of thorny plants around here so you have watch where you are going.
Salome AZ claim to fame and downtown area.
A miners graveyard out in the middle of nowhere. Actually it was located out on Harquahala Rd. How old is it I do not know. There where about 2 dozen graves. We did not see any headstones.
Things are just starting to grow in this new year. It is a very nice area.
That is about all for now. Tommorrow we may head up to Laughlin NV for a night.

2 comments:

  1. In all my times out that way, I don't think I've ever seen a cactus as tall as that one Tom and Flat Ryan are standing by - looks like it had to be 20 feet tall or so? WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably closer to 25 feet. Tom is about 6 foot.

    ReplyDelete