Saturday, February 24, 2018

Road Trip Day 9

Left Hope AZ about 8:15am this morning. Today's route was pretty simple. AZ hwy 60 to AZ hwy 72 to Interstate 25 North to Interstate 40 East. Covered a total of about 585 miles. It took a little over 10-1/2 hours with stops and slow downs. We ran into snow just south of Flagstaff AZ. It was pretty much done once I got east of town about 10-15 miles. Pictures of today are as follows.
I had wondered who the regional rail provider was. It's the Arizona & California. The engines look like EMD SD-40's from the late 60's. The day started out very nice.
Saw some nice stands? of cactus. Are they a stand or a forest of cactus, or maybe a grove.
At about 200 miles from Hope AZ things got interesting.
Looks like a change in the weather ahead.
As we gained in altitude the snow got heavier. It must of just started, but it was adding up fast. I'm glad I went through when I did.
Opps. I don't know what happened. I just drove slow and steady and had no issues.
Yes it does snow in the sunny state of Arizona.
Sure looks like a winter wonderland.
Then it was all done.
The light dusting of snow looks nice on the rocks as I pass from Arizona into New Mexico.
I quess it's all down hill from here.
I've seen a lot of rail traffic.
And the landscape is allways changing, very nice.
I plan on turning north tommorrow and head up into eastern Colorado, western Nebraska and South Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment