Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Snowmobiling Last Ride?

Since returning from Arizona I have been able to get out snowmobiling twice. Both times I thought it would be the last ride of the season. Last Thursday I went for a ride with my friends Gib and his wife Jean. We ended up at the Pla-Mor bar on lake Namakagon for lunch. The usual  burger and coffee for me. I ended up with about 70 miles for the ride. A great  day out, good riding weather and the trails were still in fairly good shape with only a few bad spots. Last year at this time the snow was mostly gone and the riding season had ended by the 22nd of Feb in this area.
On saturday I again was able to go for another ride. This time with my neighbors Bob and his wife Elaine, and Jeff who has the resort at the end of our road.
We ended up back at lake Namakagon, but took a different route to get there. This time we went to Lakewoods Resort for the Worlds Longest Weenie Roast, whatever that means. It was a good time and well attended.
Here I am ready to head out.
HHHMMMM, not sure how they laid claim to this.
Lotsa sleds.
Some nice vintage machines showed up also.
They had 4 abreast, heads up racing on the snow. It looked to be about 100-150 yard straight. Run what you brung and beat your buddy type racing. Fun to watch.
Also set up was a 1000 foot drag strip on the bare ice. Studs required. 118mph was the top speed I heard while there. We didn't stay for the whole event.
What a good time we had.
Saw this machine on the ride back home. He's ready to chop his way out if need be, he also had a come-along strapped to his machine. Saturdays ride was about 60 miles.
They have been predicting snow and we finally got it. I woke up to about 6-7 inches of fresh snow. Looks like I will be getting in at least 1 more ride.
Fresh snow all cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment