Saturday, March 31, 2018

Out like a lion

That is how march decided to end here in the Hayward WI area. Starting sometime after 2am Saturday the snow started to come down hard. Saturday morning by 10am when it had all but stopped snowing I measured a solid 10 inches. I checked 3 different spots and they all showed 10 inches or a little more. Just last week I had thoughts of getting my Yamaha XT250 out, the snow was mostly gone and the roads were ok just watch for sandy spots. I quess it will be a couple of more weeks until that happens.
On Thursday march 29 the snow was going fast. The deer were finding it easier to get at the accorns that had fallen last fall.
On Friday the 30th we got a little prelim of what was to come. Just a dusting of about an inch.
The snow was light and big snowflakes.
Saturday morning at 6:30am this was the view.
The deer were having a harder time finding those accorns.
Snow piled on the deck railing.
Looking out our front door.
I did a few snow depth measurements. We got 10+ inches.
It took me about 2 hours to get everything cleaned up and then the sun came out and finished the job.
After snowblowing and hand shoveling before the sun came out.
The sun is high enough now that it does a nice job of drying things up.
The deer decided to come by for a snack.
The weathermen are saying more snow Monday or Tuesday, up to 6 inches. Also no warm up in sight. Looks like maybe a late spring. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I was totally prepared for the same here in eastern Ontario, but ... it didn’t happen. We had high winds waving goodbye to March, but they brought just a little overnight rain. Somehow I think your snow is still waiting to come our way. It’s not over yet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, mother nature has many tricks to keep us entertained. Spring will get here I'm sure. Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete