Sunday, December 29, 2019

Saturday ride 12-28

Got a call from Jean and Gib saturday morning for a ride. Sounded like a great idea. Gib had a route planned to take us up around lake Namakagon to the Pioneer Bar for lunch. It was 35 miles up and 44 miles back for a total of 79 miles. Lakes and swamps are still not safe for the most part.
Our route was in a clockwise direction. We left about 9:30am.
First stop of the day. The trails are in pretty good shape.
Nice day so far, but that will change.
A blow your nose stop and check the map.
A new feature we noticed along the trail system were blue 911 signs. These give emergency crews exact locations on the trail system.
A few of the riders we saw out on the trail.
Last stop before lunch break.
Pioneer bar, star 22 on the map. Several more sledders showed up while we were there. Had a burger and drink, both were very good.
When we came out of the bar it was raining, not hard just a continuous light rain. This would continue for the whole ride back, about 44 miles. I was dry except for my crotch area which was totally soaked. It was hard to keep your face shield clear. Freezing type rain. I ended up running alot with it almost all the way up. Also my phone acted up on me twice this trip by shutting off for no apparent reason. I had 40% charge. So not as many pictures as I had hoped.
Headed back.
In the woods before crossing Cty M. Then my phone shut off again.
I hope the rain didn't do to much damage to the trails. We need cold and snow.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Though your snow did turn to rain you have much more snow on the ground than we do in Eastern Ontario. Our rain turned to snow last night and has added a new thin layer.

    ReplyDelete