Thursday, December 19, 2019

First Ride

Today I was able to get out for the first ride of the year on my snowmobile. I went with my friends Jean and Gib.
I was not able to take my normal route to their house using the swamp and lakes. They have not froze solid enough for safe travel. So instead of going three blocks to jump on a feeder trail I had to take the side roads for 3 miles to hit the marked trail. It was A-OK though, there was a snow packed edge to run on with some loose snow to keep things cool. We made a 38 mile loop with 2 stops. It was a great day for a ride with all but 2 miles of the trails freshly groomed. We met one of the groomers out on the trail.
Typical of the 3 miles of the side road detour to the main trail. As you can see there was a good track to run. Only downside is if we have a couple nice sunny days this track will melt away.
Picture of my sled taken last March.
Along the old railway right of way near Seeley WI.
Our first stop: Sawmill saloon Seeley WI.
Plenty of snow and no traffic.
Beautiful mostly clear day and very little wind. That's Jean on her machine.
I love seeing this kind of sign. It means even more fun than you're allready having.
The trail near Hayward Power Sports where I bought my sled.
We made one more stop, Twin Lake Tap and then back to Jean and Gibs. I left my sled at Jean and Gibs for the time being. I don't want to have to do the 3 mile cty road thing while waiting for the swamp to freeze up. I'm guessing another week or two. Then I'll be able to run it back to my place.
And finally todays sunset, pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment