Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Snow a plenty

So we have had plenty of snow in the last week. Starting last Thursday the 7th of feb with 10 inches. On Sunday we recieved 5 inches more and then today another 7+ inches. It was still snowing when I took todays measurement. This is all very good news for the snowmobilers and cross country skiers.
The 45th American Birkebiener cross country ski race will be held Feb 21-24th, 2019. It runs between Hayward and Cable Wisconsin. It's a big deal up here in northern Wisconsin and a lot of fun.
With all the snow the past week the Red Squirrels have started to do alot of tunneling to get here and there. Well yesterday a mink came through the yard checking all those tunnels looking for a meal. No luck while I was watching and only 1 picture of him through the window, so it's not of great quality.
The Mink (Mustela vison).
I don't think the deer are to excited about all the recent snowfall, makes foraging for food harder. Their trails are alot easier to follow though.
Todays measurement and me getting rid of it.
I do believe I am going to need to remove some of the snow from my deck. I took a couple pics of the accumulation.
How can the snow do this. It looks like it should fall.
Going snowmobiling tomorrow with my friends Gib and Jean. Hope to get a few more pictures, it should be beautiful with all the new snow.
Till next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment