Saturday, February 23, 2019

Breakfast Run

Today the 3 Amigos (Gib, Jean and myself (John)) decided that a ride for breakfast would be fun. I met them out on the flowage a mile from my house at intersection 63 on the map. We met at 8am. It was snowing fairly hard at that time, but had quit by the time we ended our breakfast. It's nice once again to have some fresh powder on the trails. It was generally 1 to 2 inches in depth.
We headed south on trail 18 to the R&R Bayview Restaurant. It's #52 on the map. It didn't take long to get there. I think it was only 8-9 miles from our starting point.
Todays route. I started from home on Lake Placid. We traveled counterclockwise. Miles 50.5.
A little open water at intersection 63 on the flowage.
It was snowing pretty hard when we left at 8am.
You get a small Bloody Mary included with breakfast. Nice. Breakfast photo, your standard fair, eggs , bacon and toast. Had the map out to plan the rest of the ride.
I love the way the snow hangs on the trees. The next heavy wind will take care of that.
Oh ya; this is what I'm talking about. Time for a little workout. It says winding trail. I know my photos are mostly straightaways, but there are plenty of twisties in the woods and elevation changes. It's hard to show them in photos.
One of the groomers sitting at Louie's Landing. #35 on the map.
Gib leading the way.
At intersection 49. Way at the top of the loop we made.
This is at intersection #41. Not far to go now. We didn't see alot of sleds this morning, which was OK.
I stopped at Gib and Jeans for a drink before heading home. We stopped at Dows Corner but they weren't open yet. I arrived back home a few minutes after noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment