Thursday, February 14, 2019

Ride Time

On weds the 13th I went for a ride with my favorite snowmobiling friends, Gib and Jean. We did about a 65 mile loop which included lunch at Jeans brothers house. The trails were in great shape thanks to all the snow the last week (22 inches). The lakes were a bit more of a challenge. You just needed to stay on the marked trail, otherwise it got deep in a hurry and could bog you down.
I had to break trail on a feeder trail for about a quarter mile through 8 inches of snow from the day before to get onto a main trail. The track I'm running has 1-1/4 inch lugs and 8 inches of loose snow is about it's limit I think. The key is to slide your weight back and stay on the gas. As it was I could only see the grab handles on the top of the skis. I kept my speed about 15-20mph and had no problems.
Breaking trail. I was the first one on this feeder trail.
I was able to get a few more pictures on this ride. The woods were beautiful and the sky was blue.
A few pictures taken out on a couple of the lakes we crossed.
I love riding thru the woods.
We stopped here to let the trail groomer go by. We had to pull off the trail to let him by and Gib got into some of the deep loose stuff and it was a bit of work to get him out of it. It's all part of the fun and adventure.
Gas stop. Most eveyone has 91 octane non-ethanol gas. The good stuff.
A run through the woods and tall pines.
My sled: 2017 Ski-Doo MXZ Blizzard with a Rotax 600 2-stroke E-tec engine. I love it.
It looks like we will be out again this weekend for more riding
Until then, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment