Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Fall ends and early snow

 We had a nice colorful fall. Then we had 2-3 days of strong winds. I cleaned the yard of leaves 4 times taking about 3 hours each time. On Thurs Oct 15 I removed the cover from the boat lift and pulled the boat and put it in the new garage for the winter.

Sat Oct 17 started out with about an inch of snow, but the ground was too warm for it to stick around. By sat afternoon I was able to start the final yard clean up and finished it on Sunday. My neighbor Bob pulled his pontoon and stored that in my new garage.

Also last week I serviced my motorcycles and stored them in the new garage. It's filling up fast. Everything pretty much got done in the nick of time.

On tuesday it started snowing in the early afternoon and by the time it finished at about 11pm we had 5-1/4 inches. I don't know if this will stick around the ground is still not frozen.


Another nice sunset on Sept 29, 2020



The upper picture is of Placid Lake from our dock and the lower picture is of Lower Twin Lake. These where taken Sunday Oct 4.



Also on the 4th I took these on my way to Spider Lake Golf Course. It was a great day for a round of golf.

These next few were taken early on Thursday Oct. 8th from our house on Placid Lake.






The last picture is of our house. The deck faces the lake. After taking the above pictures I headed over to Lakeview Golf and Pizza to play 18 holes on our mens league. It was the last rounds of the year for us men.




3rd hole fairway and tee box, last pic is 4th hole green.



Friday Oct. 9 I played my last round of the year at Lakeview and it was a good one, at least for me, I only had one bad hole. It was #7. I Hit it out of bounds and ended up with a five. The small number in the corner is the number of putts. I had 14 for the round. It could of easily been 12 putts. I missed two by an inch or less. But like they say, you have to hit'em to get em. The top picture is of Monica teeing off on the 3rd hole.



Sat Oct. 10th the deer came by for a visit.


A shot of Hayward golf course on the 10th.


Taken on the 12th. In a few months I'll be zooming across this area on my snowmobile to get to the trail system about a quarter mile from here.


I love this sign.




A nice buck came by to eat with the does. A nice 6 pointer. Only the second time I've seen any bucks in the yard. Last time was about a week ago when I saw 3 in the yard all together. Didn't get a picture of them, though I think this was one of them.



It's that time of year when you let the deer eat the flowers. These two were born this year.


The first snow of the year. About an inch, melted away by noon. This was on Sat the 17th of Oct. Most of the leaves had come down at this point.


Tuesday Oct 20 at 9am. The snow was to begin in about 4 hours. I'm glad I got the yard work done.


4 inches by 6:30pm on the 20th.

By 10:30pm as the snow was ending. We ended up with 5-1/4 inches.
The view this morning from our deck.
That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment