Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Indian Summer (Nov 2-9)

 This year in northern Wisconsin we had the best Indian summer since we moved here in 2016. For 8 days we had temps in the 60's to mid 70's. The entire week before the temps were in the 30's.  On Monday I spent some time splitting wood and then we had a great sunset which was a great start to a great week.



Monday nights sunset.

Tuesday was our national election day.


The line at our polling place about 8am. From what I've heard we had a large turn out. Social distancing was the order of the day which I'm all for. Tuesday afternoon I did ribs on my smoker grill and they were great.

Wednesday I spent a large part the day splitting and stacking wood. I'm glad that I have a gas wood splitter. Before dark I was able to take my XT250 dirt bike out for a last ride of the year and put on about 25 miles.



This is the wood that I've cut and split over the past few days, spending a few hours each day, about 3 face cords.

Thursday I spent most of the day golfing with 3 good friends at Butternut Hills in Birchwood WI. The temp was around 70 degrees.



My friends, Monica in the pink, Mary in the gray and Art in the cart. We didn't golf very well but had a great time. Mary parred 4 holes which made her very happy.

Friday was another great weather day, which meant it was time for a motorcycle ride with my friend Erik. I rode the Harley. We met in Clam Lake WI at 1pm.


The view from our deck about noon on Friday the 6th.


We stopped in Mellen WI for a pop and to decide were to next.

I ended up putting about 100 miles on our little ride.



These were taken along WI. HWY 77 near Clam Lake. Yes there is a small herd of Elk, about 200-300 in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.


There are some great rustic roads up here in northern WI. Some are paved and some are gravel.


One of the small lakes along this rustic road. It was a great day for a ride.
On saturday I took my Yamaha FJR 1300 for a nice ride of 100 miles.

Gassed up and ready to go.


The Chippewa Flowage. A great fishery in northern Wiconsin with big Muskies.


They do a drawdown every fall. It looks like about 4 feet this year.




A couple more views from this same spot.




Down the road a little farther along County road CC.



Stopped in the town of Winter for these 3 pictures. The temp was 72 and I got these pictures of an old Caterpillar D8. I wonder how many roads it helped build in this area.


This is my kind of road.




These 3 pictures were taken near Moose Lake of the Teal River.



Taken along Highway 77. Was it waiting for road kill or just taking a rest.

I got a little crazy with the throttle a couple times on todays ride.



Almost home now. The Chief river a couple miles from home.


Less than a mile from home and the channel leading to another part of the Tiger Cat Flowage which we reside on.



Placid Lake of the Tiger Cat Flowage were we have our home. Saturday ended up being a great day for a ride.

Sunday morning the deer stopped by for a drink of water before breakfast, then I put out their daily ration of food. I only feed them when I see them.


They are so cute. After I fed the deer and had my breakfast I headed out for one last round of golf with my friends Monica, Mary and Art.


Here we are on the first tee at Butternut Hills. Here are a few pictures of the course.






 It's a pretty wide open course which helps us golfers that aren't the straightest drivers of the golf ball.

Here we are at the end of our round and the end of the season for us up here in northern Wisconsin. We will be back in the spring.


Today (Tuesday) I had to throw a tarp over the shed because it needs to be reshingled. It will need to be done in the spring. I found out that popsicle sticks and staples work very well at holding it in place.
Hope you enjoyed this post.
Waiting for snowmobile season at this point. They are calling for 6 inches of snow tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment