Saturday, July 6, 2019

New Garage in 2019 ??

I hired my neighbor Jeff to clear the way for a new garage.
First though my friend Erik and I removed some of the smaller trees.
I had to have a few large trees removed by a pro. Neil did a great job.
He then put it in an area to make it easy for me to finish splitting and stacking.
Then it was Jeffs job to cut a branch off of my driveway up to the location of the new structure.
The cut off from the main driveway and a few of the bigger stumps that had to be removed.
He worked his way up to the top of the small hill and then started removing the top soil.
He hauled away the overburden and tree stumps.
In almost no time at all I had the start of a nice level building site. After a hard rain it was easy to see what still had to be done as far as leveling. That was easy to take care of. What surprised Jeff and I was that the soil on the site had more clay in it than we excepted.
After talking to the person who is going to do the build he recommended that three more trees needed to be removed. He felt that they would be to close to the corner of the garage and the roots could end up pushing up the corner. Neil came back and took care of two of them and Jeff pulled down the third one with his John Deere 310D. I cut it up and stacked it with everything else that needed to be split.
After a little work things were cut up and stacked out of the way.
Had a visitor come through while I was cutting up a tree. A pretty good size snapping turtle.
Had a nice fire and was able to get rid of some of the debris.
More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment