Sunday, April 21, 2019

Ice-out Easter

Yesterday our lake was still mostly ice covered. It had opened up near shore but the main part of the lake had ice, black honeycombed dangerous stuff. This morning when I got up it had all disappeared except for a little in our lagoon, by the afternoon that had dissolved.
Yesterdays view of the lake from our deck.
This mornings view.
My friend Erik and I went and picked up the 2 bikes that I had in heated storage. It was a bueatiful day in the 60's. The rent for 6 months storage was only 125 dollars. That included being plugged into my supplied Battery Tender. What a bargain in my eyes. The ride home included a stop at our favorite mexican restaurant, Main Street Taco in Hayward WI.
All the bikes back at home, 09 HD Electra-Glide, 08 Yamaha FJR1300, and 13 Yamaha XT250 which stayed home for the winter.
Another project that was taken care of yesterday was the rebuilding of the rock family. The winter had taken a toll on them. I don't use any adhesive, just balance them on top of each other.
A couple views.
And now for the wildlife report. A couple weeks ago the Tundra Swans came thru. Since then I've spotted numerous duck species including Mallard, Wood ducks, Hooded Merganser and Bufflehead along with Canadian Geese and Sand Hill Cranes. Today I saw a Great Blue Heron fishing in our lagoon and saw it come up with a 12 to 15 inch Northern Pike. I couldn't believe it when it swallowed it whole, head first. The Ruffed Grouse are drumming for mates.
And lastly it was a beautiful full moon setting the other day.
The picture doesn't do it justice. I got up too late to get set up properly for a better picture.
That's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful views. Heated storage where someone else worries about the battery tender ... barain at any price.

    ReplyDelete