Friday, March 22, 2019

Winter is over

Looking back I wish my ride on March 10 had been longer. It ended up being my last ride of the year. On tuesday the 12th the weather warmed up and it started to drizzle and then rain off and on until about friday. The rain hurt the trails and parts of the lakes became large slush buckets. I wouldn't want to get stuck in that stuff this time of year or any time really. So I'm putting away the snowmobile and getting ready for spring.
Since the rain ended it has been mostly above average in temp. We hit 50 the other day for the first time going back to late Oct last year.
Open water is up on the left out of frame.
Near my house. A crossing that I use quite a bit is getting wet and slushy.
The geese are moving north allready.
Snowpack Feb 22nd.
March 22nd.
Feb 7th when we got 10 inches of snow.
Yesterday afternoon in the bright sunshine. I'm liking this warmer weather. Bring on spring.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment