Friday, October 27, 2017

Snow today

Have been busy the last few days in preparation for the weather that showed up today.
Wednesday was an extremely busy day. It started with about 2 hours of blowing leaves into rows in preperation to be run over and mulched with the riding lawn mower. After they are chopped up into small pieces, I run back over them with the bagger attached.
Early in the afternoon that day my friend Erik stopped by. It was time to pull the boat but first we had to remove the canopy from the boat lift and roll that up and put it in  storage. After I got the boat trailered and in the garage for a fall cleaning I was able to jump back on the lawn mower and finish the leaf cleanup.
I also did my neighbor's yard, so his leaves didn't end up at my house.
I finished the yard cleanup about 20 minutes before sunset. The deer stopped by to eat some acorn's just at the time I was taking these pictures of that day's sunset.
Thursday was not quite so busy. I spent afew hours on cleaning the boat and winterizing the engine. It will stay in the garage nice and dry until I can get it shrink-wrapped for outdoor storage. M&M Rental does a great job up here in Hayward WI.
From last year.
Love my Stihl back-pack blower.

Thursday afternoon my wife Wendie, our friends Erik and Nancy and I went out to dinner at the Little Bohemia Lodge. They had really great food and a claim to fame.
On April 22, 1934 there was a shootout between the FBI and the John Dillinger gang.
I wonder how many rounds were fired on both sides.

On the way back home, after dark, we encountered numerous deer feeding in the ditches. We also came across a small group of Elk feeding in the ditch. It looked to be about 6-8 animals. Man they're big.
Well it's Friday afternoon as I write this post, and it is snowing pretty good right now. I don't think it will stick around, but who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment