Friday, January 22, 2021

Thursdays ride

 On Thursday 1-21-21 our group consisting of Jean, Gib, Art and myself decided to get a ride in and see what the condition of the trails were. We're still really lacking in snow, though some is being forcast for this weekend. The temperature was in the mid 20's but the wind was blowing at 15-20 mph. The wind was not a factor in the woods only on the lakes. The only real issue today was my phone, for some reason it kept shutting off. That's the reason for so few pictures on this ride. We think it was the cold since I keep it in an outer pocket for ease in getting it in and out to take pictures. This has happened once before. I have some chemical hand warmers that are air activated. I will keep one in the pocket with my phone and see how that works. We covered just over 37 miles in a clockwise direction. Now pictures for today.

Our route for today.

About 1/2 mile from home. This is were I hook up with trail 14 at intersection 63. This area is a swampy area and part of the Tiger Cat Flowage.
Here we are at Jean and Gibs, ready to head out. They live on Upper Twin Lake which is also part of the Tiger Cat Flowage.
Trail 9 where it crosses HWY 77 and leads you down onto Round Lake. Notice the snow is looking pretty dirty, not ideal for sledding.

At intersection 61 our southernmost point on this ride. I took these after having to warm my phone and turning it back on. I had already missed a couple photo ops.
Trail 30 at the circle 111 on map.
Trail 30 at intersection 60.
Trail 31 right after crossing HWY 77.
Mosquito Brook on trail 31.
This was along trail 77 and the last photo of the day before my phone shut down again.
What does not show in the pictures were the areas of the trails where rocks ranging in size from golf ball size to softball size were staring to show through the base layer of snow.
Everything considered it was a good ride. Keeping my fingers crossed for snow this weekend.




















No comments:

Post a Comment