Wednesday, December 20, 2017

And the ornaments were hung

Have not been to busy this past week. I went to the Salvation Army in Hayward and picked up some Xmas decorations, spent a whole 2 dollars. With what I bought I was able to decorate the Charlie Brown Xmas tree at the entrance of our driveway and our lawn art.

Got this nice picture of a male Pileated Woodpecker working over a tree about 20 feet from our deck. You can tell by the red mustache.
I had to build a second deer feeder to stop the fights. We had 3 deer we called Earth, Wind and Fire and they all got along fine. We are able to tell who is who by their different body markings. This past spring Wind stopped showing up and it wasn't until about August that we found out why when she showed up with 2 fawns in tow.
Here is a picture from last January when they all got along.
In order to stop the fighting over one feeder between Earth and Fire versus the Wind family, I gathered an armful of scrap pieces I had and an hour later this was the end product. 9-1/2"X18" long and about 22" tall.
I placed the new one about 25 feet from the existing feeder.
Had a small fork buck whitetail come in overnight.
The weather the past couple weeks has not been bad. We have about 8-10 inches of snow on the ground. We've had a couple nuisance 1/2 inch dry snowfalls that I easily removed using my Stihl BR600 backpack blower. It takes about one-third the time. They say more snow tonight and then extreme cold for a few days. Hopefully the snowmobile trails will be opening up in the next week.
Last night's sunset.
Have a great Xmas.

4 comments: